Episode 12 – Leigh Louey-Gung: How to Live Life on Your Own Terms
Today on the show we have Leigh Louey-Gung who is going to share some very powerful, simple ideas.
I’ve known Leigh for about a decade, and he’s one of the most genuine, happy and inspiring people I know.
Leigh has been through some crazy personal transformations – from being riddled with anxiety in his teenage years to being the happy, powerful and fulfilled man he is now.
He’s also coached quite a few men and helped them achieve similar transformations in their lives.
In this conversation we’ll talk about Leigh’s stories and philosophies:
- How Leigh has created the “Perfect day” for himself that he regularly lives?
- His transformation form Anxious high school drop out to the confident coach he was when I met him.
- And the moment Leigh experienced how his anxiety doesn’t control his behavior
The Majority of the interview we’ll talk about Leigh’s philosophical framework called LifeOS (life operating system):
- The 5 experiences we all want ? power, connection, excitement, freedom and fulfillment
- How everything we want ? objects, outcomes and events ? is truly about the experience it would give us
- Why the issue isn’t wanting a certain experience, but the script we have to achieve that experience (for example, our script can be “feeling FREEDOM by getting drunk”)
- After we explain those ideas ? we turn to the real powerful stuff ? how to create INDEPENDENT scripts, that don’t depend on elements out of our control to live a rewarding life
- Why owning what we contribute in every situation is the key to consistently experience what we want
- The regular practice of transforming our experiences by just asking one question
- How Leigh’s regular “perfect day” allows him to get the 5 experiences he wants ? every day.
This episode can be a bit more abstract, but I believe strongly that ideas and mental models shape our reality.
Leigh has both created an incredible life for himself and took the time to break it down into a powerful framework he taught to hundreds of people. His ideas have the potential to profoundly impact your life as well.
Enjoy this episode 🙂
“If you want to improve your relationships with others, start by improving the relationship you have with yourself.” ? Leigh Louie-Gung
Connect with Leigh Louie-Gung:
Listen and Subscribe
- Stream the episode with the web player:
Rate & Review the Unstagnate Podcast!
If you enjoyed listening to the show as much as I enjoyed creating it, let me know by subscribing on iTunes and leaving a review! Your review will help us reach more ears, inspiring thousands of listeners to think unconventionally and develop out-of-the-box ideas for their self-development. We’d love to hear from you!