Episode 16 – Grant Weherley: Control Attention Deficit Disorder Without Medication
Many people around the world struggle with staying focused and concentrating on specific tasks throughout the day – especially boring, mundane tasks. However people with ADD and ADHD typically struggle even more. I should know – I have been diagnosed with ADD myself. My guest on the show today, Grant Weherley, founder of Monetize Your Expertise, is one of the thousands of business owners and entrepreneurs who struggle with symptoms of ADHD. At the age of 18, he was diagnosed with ADHD and has dedicated countless hours to figuring out how to manage his symptoms to lead a more productive life and career.
On today’s episode, Grant shares his diagnosis story, shares tips and tricks he has found that has helped him stay more focused, improve his concentration, and reduce his impulsiveness to enable him to not only allow him to grow a successful online course creation company, but also lead a healthier, more fulfilling life.
Please welcome Grant Weherley to the show!
A brief overview of today’s episode:
- Grant shares his journey from childhood through adulthood of living with ADHD, coping mechanisms he has learned, and how he has helped others learn to cope and manage their symptoms.
- He explains how he learned that proper nutrition, exercise, and getting good quality sleep can significantly impact ADHD symptoms.
- We talk about the differences between Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Trait.
- We talk about dietary supplements and what types of supplements often work well for people with ADHD.
- We discuss the effects of caffeine on people with ADHD and how the body metabolizes it differently from person to person.
- He explains how exercise is not only good for your whole body, but it also helps improve your neuroplasticity – which helps improve your ability to focus and concentrate.
- He shares his insight on circadian rhythm, blue light, and sleep patterns and how they affect each other.
- He explains how alcohol affects sleep quality and how the body naturally metabolizes it.
- He shares his insight on how he manages technology and social media distractions.
“Set up your environment to do the right thing and you will automatically do it.” Grant Weherley
Connect with Grant Weherley:
Listen and Subscribe
- Stream the episode with the web player:
- Download as an MP3 by right clicking here and choosing “Save As”.
Rate & Review the Unstagnate Podcast!
If you enjoyed listening to the show as much as I enjoyed creating it, let me know by subscribing on iTunes and leaving a review! Your review will help us reach more ears, inspiring thousands of listeners to think unconventionally and develop out-of-the-box ideas for their self-development goals. We’d love to hear from you!